The role of the Coordinating Council is to coordinate efforts between groups; identify gaps and needs within the overall strategy, assist groups in developing measurable objectives, and lead the movement in celebration when goals are achieved.
The Coordinating Council makes decisions regarding:
• The representation of Occupy Asheville as a whole (short and long term strategy, direction, declarations, principles, visions, etc.), with consensus from all groups.
• The relationship between Occupy Asheville and the Occupy Movement.
• Financial decisions related to Occupy Asheville as a whole and financial decisions from the Treasury that require Coordinating Council consensus.
• Logistical operations of Occupy Asheville.
• Reviewing and reaching consensus on the responsibilities, domains of decision-making, tasks, and desired outcomes proposed by and for the Council groups.
• The addition or subtraction of Working Groups and Caucuses in the Coordinating Council.